THE EDITED PRESS RELEASE: “Every now and then an artist comes along who makes you remember why you started listening to albums in the first place: Aaron Lee Tasjan is that artist. With his wrecked cool, off-centre charm and restless creative dazzle, he makes music with conviction that has its roots in rock’s murky past, armed with an arsenal of songs that spill over with humour, intelligence, irony and, at times, prophecy.
An obsessive creative, Aaron Lee Tasjan writes pop songs with a twist, a little overdriven and far too honest at times. He updates the idea of androgyny but dispels the emotional and social ambiguity with lyrics that reflect his own geographic and artistic wanderings. Tasjan! Tasjan! Tasjan! is 11 songs. The man who began the album is not the same man who completed it, transformed both by the experiences that inspired the songs and by crafting them. This is not anxious music for anxious times but rather music as an antidote for anxious times. It is the sound of the future arriving.
Says Aaron Lee Tasjan: “In celebration of my fourth full-length album, here’s a short list of Five Weird Things You Don’t Know About Aaron Lee Tasjan:
1. I lived in Delaware, California, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts before the age of 20.
2. I formed my first band at age 11 and it was called The Flaming Matches. We played one gig, in our guitar player Corey’s driveway, and gave all the proceeds from the show to our school.
3. I changed the spelling of my last name to make it easier to pronounce. It didn’t work.
4. I once got into a Twitter fight with Peter Frampton that ended with us becoming friends.
5. My favorite color is any color that bleeds.
Thanks to everyone for listening to the new album and for supporting music and musicians during these challenging times. Looking forward to the day we get back on tour and to seeing everyone in person soon. Until then, be well. Be kind. Take care and rock on!”