THE EDITED PRESS RELEASE: “Ace Of Spades — the title track of Motörhead’s 1980 iconic, game-changing album — isn’t just one of the greatest hard rock songs ever written: It has truly become a lifestyle anthem for several generations of rockers, metalheads, punks, bikers, athletes, rebels, outcasts, and freethinkers all around the world. Few songs in modern history can instantly ignite the adrenaline of music fans the way the song’s opening dirty bass riff, and drum roll can. From zero to 100 mph in a matter of seconds. That speaker-destroying opening riff is unstoppable. And the song altered the course of hard rock … forever.
Upon its release in 1980, the Ace Of Spades album was nothing short of a gamechanger for all forms of hard rock. Like lightning in a bottle, it perfectly captured everything great about hard rock, heavy metal, and punk, amped it all up to 11, and came racing out of the gates at what felt like a million miles an hour. Pushing at every musical boundary, nothing was harder, nothing was faster, and certainly nothing was louder. For its 40th anniversary, it’s been remastered and upgraded in a mammoth new box set with scads of rarities and goodies.
The Ace Of Spades Deluxe box set contains:
• The Ace Of Spades album, half-speed mastered and created from the original master tapes.
• Two double-live albums of previously unheard concerts from the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour.
• A Fistful Of Instrumentals: A 10” EP of previously unreleased, instrumental tracks from 1980.
• The Good, The Broke & The Ugly: A double album of B-sides, outtakes and rare tracks.
• Ace On Your Screens: A DVD compilation of rare TV appearances from 1980-81, a live concert from 1981 and a 5.1 audio mix of the original album.
• The Ace Of Spades story: A 40 page book telling the story of Ace Of Spades through previously unpublished interviews with the people that were there. Includes never before seen photos and memorabilia.
• Reproduction Ace Up Your Sleeve tour programme.
• Reproduction Motörhead Rock Commando comic.
• A set of 5 poker dice that can be played on the game board inside the box set lid.
• All encased in a classic Wild West dynamite box.
• Features 42 previously unreleased tracks.